Pages

Roger Ebert Defends Controversial Tweet About Ryan Dunn’s Death

Film critic Roger Ebert has taken his blog on the website of the Chicago Sun Times to explain his tweet controversy over the tragic death of Jackass star Ryan Dunn. Admission includes a few regrets, and a concession when they tweet was poor, but Ebert did not retract or apologize for the original tweet ". Friends do not let drinking and driving donkeys" "I offer my condolences to the family and friends, Ryan Dunn, Zachary and Hartwell," he begins, before going on to say: "I also regret that my tweet about the event was considered cruel. The intent was not so cruel. It was intended it was true. "





His explanation says, "I meant exactly what I wrote. I was not calling an idiot Ryan Dunn. In shorthand Twitter, I was referring to his association with" Jackass. "I was clear."

The blog entry will tell the chain of events that led to Twitter Ebert. In one particular passage, Ebert appears torn between justification and guilt:

"I do not know what happened in this case, and was probably too fast for Twitter. That was improper. I know that no one is conducting business in the street at 110 miles per hour, with some estimates - or fast enough anyway, out of a road and fly through the trees 40 meters before crashing. This is especially true if the driver has had three shots and three beers. Two people were killed. What if the car crashed another vehicle? "

Home Tweet Ebert Monday reverberated around the web, drawing the attention of a friend of Dunn and co-star of Jackass Bam Margera, the wrath of celebrity blogger Perez Hilton and supporters causing Dunn to banner page on Facebook Ebert. The Facebook page was removed by Tuesday morning, and later restored.